Relish in the midday escape of a relaxing train ride and give lunch its proper respect while conversing over a cup of coffee.
This ride is done for the season. Check back for future departures!
THE CLASSIC CAPE COD TRAIN EXCURSION
This classic Cape Cod train ride brings passengers up close and personal to nature with a behind-the-scenes tour showcasing some of the natural beauty of the Cape, including woodlands, sand dunes, cranberry bogs, salt marshes, and the famous Cape Cod Canal. Our lively onboard narration adds another dimension to the ride, keeping guests informed and entertained throughout the duration of the journey with facts and “wicked good” tales of the Cape. All aboard!
- Coastal ecology of the Cape
- Local wildlife, including seasonal migrations
- History of the area
- Building of the famous Cape Cod Canal
- Glass industry and the rail’s involvement
- Travel through Sandwich, the oldest village on the Cape
Snacks and beverages are available for purchase on the train. You can also place an advance online order for one of our boxed lunches with delicious wraps (try the lobster!) and locally made Cape Cod potato chips. See full menu details below. Please note outside food or beverages are not permitted on the train.
Handicap Accessibility: Due to the historic nature of our equipment, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate wheelchairs on our excursion trains.
Please visit this page to view seating options.
Boxed lunches must be purchased at least one day prior to departure and are not available for purchase on board the train. Lunches all include a sandwich, a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, a chocolate chip cookie, and a bottle of water.
1) Turkey Wrap – Includes turkey, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
2) Ham Wrap – Includes ham, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
3) Roast Beef Wrap – Includes roast beef, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
4) Organic Veggie Wrap – Includes tomato, lettuce, sprouts, creamy Italian dressing, avocado, swiss, and provolone cheese. This is served on a white pita wrap. – $12.50
5) Lobster Wrap – Includes 1/4 pound of lobster salad (made with light mayo), lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. – $18.50
NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed for boxed lunches.
Guests who pre-purchase sandwiches are given vouchers upon check-in at the depot. Present that voucher to the snack bar attendant on board the train to pick up sandwiches.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illnesses.
If a person in your party has a food allergy, please inform us at the time of booking. Additionally, please inform your server prior to enjoying your meal.