As guests soak in the ambiance and relax to the rhythms of the rails, a fresh five-course gourmet meal is prepared and served on white table linens in traditional rail style.
- Adult (ages 12+)
- First Class
- Diamond Class
- Child (ages 3-12)
- First Class
- Diamond Class
CAPE COD CANAL NARRATED EXCURSION – JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 2020
This narrated excursion departs from Buzzards Bay and travels across the Cape Cod Canal Railroad bridge, then along the canal to Sandwich. It continues to the Great Salt Marsh in West Barnstable before returning to Buzzards Bay. Along the way, our narrator shares interesting facts and information regarding the famous Cape Cod Canal as well as other points of interest along the route. There’s no better way to appreciate the scenic views and the history of Cape Cod.
Please note: Timely movement of maritime traffic in the Cape Cod Canal takes priority over use of the Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge. Therefore, this excursion train may experience a delay in traveling across the bridge. In this event, the train departs Buzzards Bay and heads north past Cohasset Narrows, then travels toward Rochester until the bridge can be lowered for our use.
- History of the area
- Building of the famous Cape Cod Canal
- Coastal ecology of the Cape
- Wildlife, including seasonal migrations
- Glass industry and the rail’s involvement
- Travel through Sandwich, the oldest village on the Cape
Snacks and beverages are available for purchase on the train. You can place an advance online order for one of our boxed lunches with delicious wraps (try the lobster!) and locally made Cape Cod potato chips. See full menu details below. Please note guests are not permitted to bring outside food or beverages onto the train.
Handicap Accessibility: Due to the historic nature of our equipment, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate wheelchairs on our excursion trains.
Schedule subject to change; please check for availability.
SELECT DATES, JUNE TO SEPTEMBER
June 19, June 26
July 3, July 10, July 17, July 24, July 31
August 7, August 14, August 21, August 28
September 4, September 11, September 18
Departs Buzzards Bay Fridays at 11:00 a.m.
Please visit this page to view seating options.
Boxed lunches must be purchased at least one day prior to departure and are not available for purchase on board the train. Lunches all include a sandwich, a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, a chocolate chip cookie, and a bottle of water.
1) Turkey Wrap – Includes turkey, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
2) Ham Wrap – Includes ham, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
3) Roast Beef Wrap – Includes roast beef, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.50
4) Organic Veggie Wrap – Includes tomato, lettuce, sprouts, creamy Italian dressing, avocado, swiss, and provolone cheese. This is served on a white pita wrap. – $12.50
5) Lobster Wrap – Includes 1/4 pound of lobster salad (made with light mayo), lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. – $18.50
NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed for boxed lunches.
Guests who pre-purchase sandwiches are given vouchers upon check-in at the depot. Present that voucher to the snack bar attendant on board the train to pick up sandwiches.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illnesses.
If a person in your party has a food allergy, please inform us at the time of booking. Additionally, please inform your server prior to enjoying your meal.