As guests soak in the ambiance and relax to the rhythms of the rails, a fresh five-course gourmet meal is prepared and served on white table linens in traditional rail style.
CANAL EXCURSION TRAIN DEPARTING BUZZARDS BAY
- Adult (ages 12+)
- First Class
- Premium Class
- Reserved Lounge Chair Deluxe Club Car | 21+
- Private Table for 2 Deluxe Club Car | 21+
- Child (ages 3-11)
- First Class
- Premium Class
CAPE COD CANAL NARRATED EXCURSION – JUNE TO OCTOBER 2023
This narrated excursion departs from Buzzards Bay and travels across the Cape Cod Canal Railroad bridge, then along the canal to Sandwich. It continues to the Great Salt Marsh in West Barnstable before returning to Buzzards Bay. Along the way, our narrator shares interesting facts and information regarding the famous Cape Cod Canal as well as other points of interest along the route. There’s no better way to appreciate the scenic views and the history of Cape Cod.
Please note: Timely movement of maritime traffic in the Cape Cod Canal takes priority over use of the Cape Cod Canal Railroad Bridge. Therefore, this excursion train may experience a delay in traveling across the bridge. In this event, the train departs Buzzards Bay and heads north past Cohasset Narrows, then travels toward Rochester until the bridge can be lowered for our use.
- History of the area
- Building of the famous Cape Cod Canal
- Coastal ecology of the Cape
- Wildlife, including seasonal migrations
- Glass industry and the rail’s involvement
- Travel through Sandwich, the oldest village on the Cape
Snacks and beverages are available for purchase on the train. You can place an advance online order for one of our boxed lunches with delicious wraps and locally made Cape Cod potato chips. See full menu details below. Please note guests are not permitted to bring outside food or beverages onto the train.
Handicap Accessibility: All requests for special accommodations must be made at the time of booking. Please email us at [email protected] or contact our manager directly at 508-771-0004. Due to the historic nature of our equipment, we can only accommodate standard width wheelchairs (26 inches or less) on this excursion.
Schedule subject to change; please check for availability.
SELECT DATES, JUNE TO OCTOBER
Every Friday from June 16 – Oct 6
Departs Buzzards Bay Fridays at 12:00 p.m.
Please visit this page to view seating options.
Boxed lunches must be purchased at least one day prior to departure and are not available for purchase on board the train. Lunches all include a sandwich, a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, a chocolate chip cookie, and a bottle of water.
- Turkey Wrap: Roast turkey, lettuce, tomato, served on a white pita wrap, lightly dressed with mayo – $18.99
- Chicken Salad Wrap: Solid white meat chicken, lightly dressed in mayo accompanied with diced celery, and served on a white pita wrap – $18.99
- Ham Wrap: Beechwood smoked ham, accompanied with lettuce, tomato, and deli brown mustard, served on white pita wrap – $18.99
- Roast Beef Wrap: Roast beef accompanied with lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, lightly dressed with horseradish mayo, and served on a white pita wrap – $18.99
- Veggie Wrap: Includes hummus, lettuce, tomato, chopped cucumbers, diced carrots, avocado, onion, and lightly dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper and served on a white pita wrap – $18.99
- Tuna Salad Wrap: Solid white meat tuna, celery, and mayo, served on a white pita wrap – $18.99
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich served on house white bread – $16.99
- Jumbo Lobster Roll: 1/4 pound of fresh local lobster served with mayo only (no fillers), on a brioche roll — $36.99
Please note: NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed for boxed lunches. However, GLUTEN FREE wraps are available for $1.25 upcharge. Please contact us directly to order a GF wrap so that we can ensure accuracy with your order.
Guests who pre-purchase sandwiches are asked to see the snack bar attendant on board the train to pick up sandwiches when you are ready to enjoy them.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illnesses.
If a person in your party has a food allergy, please inform us at the time of booking.