This narrated excursion travels across the Cape Cod Canal Railroad bridge, then along the canal to Sandwich. Along the way, our narrator shares interesting facts about the famous Cape Cod Canal.
- Adult (ages 13+)
- First Class
- Diamond Class
- Child (ages 3-12)
- First Class
- Diamond Class
ENJOY A CLASSIC CAPE COD TRAIN RIDE!
Our roundtrip 2-hour journey brings passengers up close and personal to nature with a behind-the-scenes tour showcasing some of the natural beauty of the Cape, including woodlands, sand dunes, cranberry bogs, salt marshes, and the famous Cape Cod Canal. Our lively onboard narration adds another dimension to the ride, keeping guests informed and entertained throughout the duration of the journey with facts and “wicked good” tales of the Cape. All aboard!
- Coastal ecology of the Cape
- Local wildlife, including seasonal migrations
- History of the area
- Building of the famous Cape Cod Canal
- Glass industry and the rail’s involvement
- Travel through Sandwich, the oldest village on the Cape
Handicap Accessibility: All requests for special accommodations must be made at the time of booking. Please email us at [email protected] or contact our manager directly at 508-771-0004.
Schedule subject to change, please check for availability
SELECT WEEKDAYS MAY TO OCTOBER
Departs Hyannis (252 Main Street): 3 hours
Travels through West Barnstable and Sandwich to the Cape Cod Canal. Once in Sagamore, passengers can disembark at Pairpoint Glass for a tour of the oldest functioning glass factory in America. They can see live glass pressing and glass blowing before exploring the showroom.
Please visit this page to view seating options.
Boxed lunches must be purchased at least one day prior to departure and are not available for purchase on board the train. Lunches will all include a sandwich, a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, a chocolate chip cookie and a bottle of water.
1) Turkey Wrap – Includes turkey, lettuce and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.75
2) Ham Wrap – Includes ham, lettuce, and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.75
3) Roast Beef Wrap – Includes roast beef, lettuce and tomato on a white pita wrap. This is served dry with mini packets of mayo and mustard on the side. – $12.75
4) Organic Veggie Wrap – Includes tomato, lettuce, sprouts, creamy Italian, avocado, swiss & provolone cheese. This is served on a white pita wrap. – $12.75
5) Lobster Wrap – Includes 1/4 pound of lobster salad (made with light mayo), lettuce and tomato on a white pita wrap. – $18.75
NO SUBSTITUTIONS are allowed for boxed lunches.
Guests who pre-purchase sandwiches will be given vouchers upon check-in at the depot. They will present that voucher to the snack bar attendant on board the train to pick up their sandwiches.
REMINDER STATEMENT: Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food born illnesses.
If a person in your party has a food allergy, please inform us at the time of booking. Additionally, please inform your server prior to enjoying your meal.