As guests soak in the ambiance and relax to the rhythms of the rails, a fresh five-course gourmet meal is prepared and served on white table linens in traditional rail style.
CAPE COD RAIL FAN DAY: AUGUST 19th
Cape Cod Rail Fan Day
This special day includes train rides and access to Hyannis Yard where you can view, tour, and photograph various railroad items. Note: The specific items available that day are not limited to the equipment listed below. Substitutions may be made based on business needs.
MC 2014 – our newest locomotive with the panels open
Engine House tour
Our new caboose
MOW equipment including a backhoe
MOW hi-rail vehicle
Chevy 6500 derailment truck and trailer
Hi-rail swivel dump
and…MC 2011 – one of our FL9’s – ready to debut its new paint job!!
Food and Railfan day t-shirts will be available for purchase.
Trains will be run with an FL9 and MC GP engine (TBA)
Event access is available either via train rides OR just walk-in yard access through the gate.
Color coded wrist bands will be distributed based on which return trip you purchase. ALL people in attendance will have a wristband which will designate that they have paid and signed a liability release waiver. These will need to be picked up in the tent for walk-ups and will be distributed on the train for passengers riding to the event.
Visitors will have TWO options:
- Admission + Train Ride to the Event (once you purchase a ticket, you will receive a link to select your RETURN TRIP back to your place of origin)
- Admission Only (with option to purchase a train ride to the canal from Hyannis to the canal and back)
TICKETS ARE REDUCED THIS YEAR!! Don’t miss the chance to join the fun!
Rail Fan Day 2023 Information:
- Bourne Station (located Cape side and directly under the Bourne Bridge at Bourne Recreation Area, 169 Sandwich Road, Bourne) – Departing at 9:45AM, 1:00PM
- Sandwich Station (located at 42 Jarves St, Sandwich) – Departing at 10:00AM, 1:15PM
- West Barnstable Station (located at 2469 Meetinghouse Way, West Barnstable) – Departing at 10:15AM, 1:30PM
Note: We will be offering a special train ride at noon which will provide an opportunity for those who purchase “Admission Only” tickets to they can enjoy a ride at a significantly reduced rate. Tickets for a ride to the canal and back from Hyannis or West Barnstable are $10/adult 10+up for standard class. Children ages 9 and under ride for free with a paying adult.
Departing Hyannis for a round-trip ride to the canal (or to return to your original departure location):
Departing West Barnstable for a round-trip ride to the canal:
Departing Hyannis to return to your original departure location:
Rail Fan Day:
11:00AM – 4:00PM at Hyannis Yard
Admission Only Pricing:
- Adult – (Age 10 and up) – $25
- Child – (Age 0-9) – Free with paying adult
- Parking is not included you must find your own parking.
- Cash only SNACK BAR is available onboard the train rides to and from Hyannis
- Vintage 1917 Cape Codder Club Car BAR will be open from 11a – 1:30p
The following light fare will be offered for purchase from 11a – 3p:
Cape Cod Clam Chowder
Rich creamy homemade clam chowder accompanied with oyster crackers $7.99
Three Warm soft pretzel accompanied with beer cheese $11.99
Cape Cod Central Chicken Salad Sandwich
Slow roasted chicken diced and tossed with mayonnaise, craisins, and celery on house white bread with lettuce and tomato accompanied with a bag of chips $15.99
Three grilled sliders topped with American cheese lettuce, tomato, and pickles accompanied with a bag of chips $13.99
Sliced deli turkey accompanied with lettuce, tomato, mayo, in a white tortilla accompanied with a bag of chips $15.99
Mixed green salad tossed with carrots, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and celery with seasonal house dressing $13.99
Attendees are responsible for finding their own parking for the event. Each station has limited parking. Those purchasing “EVENT ONLY” tickets will need to locate parking in Hyannis and cannot park at the Engine House or in the rail yard.