As guests soak in the ambiance and relax to the rhythms of the rails, a fresh five-course gourmet meal is prepared and served on white table linens in traditional rail style.
CAPE COD RAIL FAN DAY: AUGUST 20th
Cape Cod Rail Fan Day
This special day includes train rides and access to Hyannis Yard where you can view, tour, and photograph various railroad items. Note: The specific items available that day are not limited to the equipment listed below. Substitutions may be made based on business needs.
MC 2012 – our newest locomotive with the panels open
Engine House tour
Caboose (available for viewing and photographing exterior only)
MOW equipment including a backhoe
MOW hi-rail vehicle
Chevy 6500 derailment truck and trailer
Hi-rail swivel dump
Food and Railfan day t-shirts will be available for purchase.
Trains will be run with an FL9 and MC GP engine (TBA)
Event access is available either via train rides OR just walk-in yard access through the gate.
Color coded wrist bands will be distributed based on which return trip you purchase. ALL people in attendance will have a wristband which will designate that they have paid and signed a liability release waiver. These will need to be picked up in the tent for walk-ups and will be distributed on the train for passengers riding to the event.
Visitors will have TWO options:
- Admission + Train Ride
- Admission Only
Rail Fan Day 2022 Information:
- Bourne Station (located Cape side and directly under the Bourne Bridge at Bourne Recreation Area, 169 Sandwich Road, Bourne) – Departing at 9:45AM, 12:40PM, or 3:10PM
- Sandwich Station (located at 42 Jarves St, Sandwich) – Departing at 10:00AM, 12:52PM, or 3:22PM
- West Barnstable Station (located at 2469 Meetinghouse Way, West Barnstable) – Departing at 10:15AM, 1:07PM, or 3:37PM
Departing Hyannis at:
Note: The departing train consist will be changing throughout the day. The class of service you purchased for the inbound train to Hyannis Yard is not guaranteed to be available on the outbound train.
Rail Fan Day:
11:00AM – 4:00PM at Hyannis Yard
Admission Only Pricing:
- Adult – (Age 10 and up) – $25
- Child – (Age 0-9) – Free with paying adult
- Parking is not included you must find your own parking.
- Cash only SNACK BAR is available onboard the train rides to and from Hyannis
- Vintage 1917 Cape Codder Club Car BAR will be open from 11a – 1:30p
The following light fare will be offered in our newly refurbished Sandy Neck car from 11a – 1:30p:
Cape Cod Clam Chowder – Rich creamy homemade clam chowder accompanied with oyster crackers $7.99
Pretzels – Three Warm soft pretzel accompanied with beer cheese $11.99
Choo Choo Sliders – Three beef sliders topped with American cheese lettuce, tomato, pickles, and truffle aioli $15.99
Summer Salad – Mixed field green salad topped with cucumbers, carrots, and diced mangos in a white zinfandel vinaigrette $9.99
Add roasted chicken $5.00
Turkey Wrap – Sliced deli turkey accompanied with lettuce, tomato, mayo, in a white tortilla accompanied with a bag of chips $15.99
Attendees are responsible for finding their own parking for the event. Each station has limited parking. Those purchasing “EVENT ONLY” tickets will need to locate parking in Hyannis and cannot park at the Engine House or in the rail yard.